I'm a full time working mom who is trying to figure it all out. How to balance work, marriage, 2 little kids, an annoying cat, church, grandparents, our house, and an apparent internet addiction. Figuring out how to balance these things leads to rambling. Lots and lots of rambling. From yours truly. I like to write and I love to make people laugh, so I try to remember that while I'm writing. Am I accomplishing it? I don't know. Read on and decide.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Ray of Sunshine
That’s me. Just a regular old ray of sunshine. …..er not. Today I’m a crab. I’m sick. I have no patience for sickness right now, and I’m a whiner. The it-could-be-a-lot-worse mantra is not working today. I feel like crawling in bed and hiding from the world. Even from hubby. (sorry babe) Usually when I’m sick I want to be cuddled, but this time I’m just crabby about it. I don’t want to be touched. I don’t want to do any parenting. I don’t want to be at work or do any work. I don’t even want to be awake! Away from my warm, cozy bed. If my children didn’t use up all my PTO time, I would SO be at home from work today. I think the reason this round of sickness is so insulting, is that we had 5 complete months of sickness starting in January. Honestly, there were 3 weeks in the whole 5 months in which we weren’t at the clinic for some illness. So the last 2 months of relative good health were such a relief. Apparently I’m still bitter (you think?), this new round of illness is showing me that. Adding to the insult, this is the kind of cold that really hurts in the glands, even into the gums and teeth, I was awake almost all night long, and I’ve been sleep deprived with the exception of the recent kidless weekend, and I’m just plain tired of it all. No more clinics. No more hospitals. No more sickness. No more responsibility. No more thinking. No more adulthood. Can I get away with that please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so now how you feel. We were sick from November till May. I hated it. All of it. It was constant doctors visits, meds, and more. We've been well too, and oddly enough, after Todd and I had our weekend off I got sick as well. I attribute it to the fact that I slowed down enough for sickness to catch up. I bet its probably something simular for you! You were able to relax, and let loose, and the darn sick bugs had the chance to nab you.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling better soon!!!!