

Her cast does not slow her down a bit!! Well, maybe a bit, but not much. She still rolls over in a flash, and sits up, plays in her walker, etc. She moves her casted arm a lot too.
In the hospital, when we went to bed at night, Ellie slept about 4.5 hours, until a nurse came in and messed with her around 12:30am. I woke up - barely - and watched her toss and turn for a while. She must have quieted down and slept for a while, since I fell back asleep. Next thing I knew, it was 3:30am, and I awoke to the sound of Ellie doing the grunt/growl thing she does to get your attention. As I stumbled up out of the hospital chair-pull-out-bed, how surprised was I to find her on her tummy at the foot of the crib, on top of a bunch of wires and the monitor, with her little glowing cherubic face grinning at me. Adorable. I knew she was going to be fine after surgery when I saw that!!
I can't leave Matthew out. It's been a little Ellie-centered around here the past 2 weeks. Here he is swinging at the park. Notice, he still thinks he can sit in baby swings. This park is awesome and has a splash pad, that's why he's topless. He's got his swimsuit on. Have you heard of splash pads? That's where there's all kinds of things spraying water with a non-slip pool surface that kids can run through. Free water entertainment is always a plus.
This is funny. At the hospital, when Matthew came to visit, his daycare provider brought him to the hospital. It was at an awkward time such that we weren't sure if he had eaten dinner or not. Nobody thought to ask, because Ellie was an unhappy mess when they first arrived. He wasn't acting hungry, and if you asked him if he had eaten, he said yes. (he says yes to every yes/no question, so you can never tell for sure - and he doesn't understand the breakfast/lunch/dinner difference yet) He was really well behaved. After a while, my parents brought me a hospital vending machine dinner. (yum) Matthew came right over, and started asking if he could have some of everything. First he saw my yogurt and kept asking "pease can i have some of your yogurt?" I said no because I have a little cold. Then he says in a sad little tone "pease can i have some appwesauwwwwce?" I thought he would never stop dragging out the sauwwwwwwwwwce into the longest word of all time. I cracked up!!! I decided he must not have eaten dinner, so I gave him a bag of pretzels I had. He gobbled, and I mean gobbled, them right up. Afterwards he says "pease, can i have some miwk?" One thing after the other. Needless to say, Sean stopped at Wendy's on the way home, and Matthew chowed!!
Here ends the latest reading of The Cuteness Factor.

Awwww! Your kiddos are adorable!!! Oh, and hey, Happy Early birthday to your little man! I'm sure you'll be celebrating this weekend, same as us!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and Sean are a good team - those kids are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete