Sunday, July 20, 2008

War of the Roses

Okay, if you've been around my house in the last 2 years, you know about a usually sad looking plant I keep trying my darndest to kill, then reviving with this crazy level of patience past the point where most people would give it up and throw it away already. Well, after maybe the 4th round of killing and reviving, I started leaving it outside a little too early in the spring and it kind of froze. Not completely, but the leaves all turned brown. The main stem, however, hung on and stayed green. I almost gave up, but after yet another revival, I am proud to say there are 12 FLOWERS on my rose bush. Hurrah! Please admire! I have graduated from a black thumb to a brownish green thumb. If I ever get around to yanking out the hideous shrubs in our front yard, maybe I'll actually plant it in the ground. Imagine that!


2 comments:

  1. I've seen your rose plant at its worst and I would definitely call these "miracle roses"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I'm impressed. I successfully kill plants at an alarming rate. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete