My twist on a staycation? Giving the kids to their grandparents for the whole weekend! Yeah baby!!!! That’s what my husband and I have to look forward to this weekend. Oh my gosh. A whole weekend – what ever shall we do with ourselves? (don’t answer that, you sickos)
We have this ever growing list of things we think we can fit in – humanly impossible. For sure, our plans include going to the drive-in movies (there’s 2 left around the area), and going to Sonic. We’ve never been. I know, I know, that’s probably sacriledge, but we have never had one nearby until recently. Our list includes things like the museum, taking walks at night since we never get to, bowling, outdoor concerts, restaurants (we’ve already talked about 4 restaurants). Like I said. Humanly impossible. We feel like kids again, and this weekend will be so fast. But it will be SO FUN!!!! Oh, and did I mention SLEEP? That is first and foremost on the list. Sleeping in. Which to me, would even mean 7am. Even that sounds glorious! I can’t wait to wake up without a monitor in my ear to the sound of a baby waking up before she’s ready to wake up. Those of you with kids knows when they wake up before their bodies are ready, the word cranky comes into play. Add a cast that makes them unable to get themselves comfortable, and it’s a winning recipe for a 5 or 6am start to the day. UGH!
Moving on,
Why did this not shock me?
Apparently one of my SILs (sister-in-law) went to the county fair in the town I grew up in. Well, this town has a bit of a reputation for having a lack of ‘diversity’ to put it nicely. But let’s read between the lines – it’s full of racists! Case in point: so my SIL and her family are at this fair. There is a black family close to them, and some guys shout “get out of here, you niggers. This is a white town!” Ummm, huh? What year is it? Where do we live? Keep in mind here, that my SIL is half black herself, and my husband is black. Nice. SIL has asked us so many times why we don’t move up there – now hubby has plenty of ammo. Did I mention there was a group of skinheads at my high school? Nice.
In other news,
my niece is having heart surgery AS I WRITE THIS. Please, please, pretty please, pray for her. Her last of 3 major heart surgeries! This girl is a trooper - pray she will continue to be and for the doctors and all medical staff involved to be at the top of their game today. And let's especially pray for her parents to be able to get through this. We love you guys!
You know I totally vote for eating at the Sonic! I didn't know they had one in the cities. Nathan will be so excited. Have a fantastic weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you two that you have this weekend! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHow is your niece?
I hope you've enjoyed your weekend! We got one of those, just for the night a few weeks back, and its glorious.
ReplyDeleteOh, and not so surprised on the home town thing. You're right, it is rather racist there!!!
Hope your neice is well