Just to let all my loved ones know, Ellie had to have her cast replaced. I took her in last Monday because her cast had slipped down her arm a bit - like a 1/2 inch or more! When they heard that, they told me to come in that day and that we'd have to wait a long time because the cast room was really busy.
I was expecting to be there all afternoon, so I had prepared bottles ahead of time, and brought plenty of distractions/change of clothes/etc. I was amazed when 2 minutes after I sat down, the girl that checked me in came to tell me they were ready for me. I hadn't even heard them call our names because I assumed it would be a long time! How amazing! I went to check in and was immediately sent to the cast room where they were waiting in the doorway for me. Did I mention I love the hospital where everything related to Ellie's hand has taken place?! About a minute later, they were sawing away at the cast. That's right - sawing! What a horrible thing that was - pinning your baby down while she's screaming because the saw is the loudest thing ever!! She recovered quickly though, and they put a new cast on. They left the bandaging around the hand intact, so I didn't even get to see her hand. Huge bummer! September seems so long from now before we can see her hand.
We were in and out of the hospital in about a half hour total, with brand new purple cast in tow. I'm still hugely amazed by the fact we got right in and out! The validated parking did me no good because we were there such a short time, it was only $2 instead of the validated $3!
she had to have another cast put on? wow. glad they got you two in and out. she is such a trooper!
ReplyDelete