Friday, August 1, 2008

Pet Names

So everyone has names they like to call their children. I am no exception. I like to think up things to call my kids. And some of the names that aren't so clever are things that popped up out of nowhere because they just suit them, especially Matthew, my super silly child.

So here they are:
Matthew

Matso
The Mattster
Matty (until hubby objected to it sounding girly)
Peanut
Goofball
Silly goose
Nut (as in, what a nut)
Matt-o
Turkey

Ellie

Ellie Belly (I especially like to lovingly refer to my stretch-marked, loose-skinned, gaping-hole-of-a-belly-button stomach as my ellie belly)
Ellie Bean
My little Ellie Bean
Miss Ellie
Elliot (in an E.T. voice)
Lady, because I love to say “hey lady” like that one irritating actor does
Peanut
Sweet pea
Ellie bo bellie
Elsa

I have to also mention my friend, Tracy, who comes up with the craziest names for her son, of which my absolute favorite is hunkerdoodle. Have you ever known anyone that called their son “hunkerdoodle?” What a funny gal that Tracy is! She needs to start a blog. Haha, yes I know you’re reading. mwah ha ha ha ha

2 comments:

  1. matty is NOT girlie! so there sean! haha. all of those are adorable. except for you calling your "gaping hole" an ellie belly. that's wrong and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got some good ones too!!!

    Dallas: Buggaloo. Shortened to bug now, or Butt, cause thats how the babies say bug!!

    Gabriel: Gabe, gabey baby, and dave (thats how the babies say gabe!)

    Kendyl: Kenda, Kenda birdie, Kenda tenda, duh duh (Kaleb gave her that one, and it stuck!) Duhduh birdie

    Kaleb: Bubba (kendyl gave him this one, and it stuck) bubby, bubba boy, buffesso (the boys gave him that one!)

    The lists could go on! Its so fun to see other peoples though!!

    ReplyDelete