Never in a million years did I imagine I would get to ride the Thomas the Train! Well, I sure did though. And could this kid be any happier about it? The place was packed. A lot of boys in their engineer caps looking pretty much like this were the majority of the kids there. There were a ton of girls too of course, and lots of babies. I think they knew what they were doing making the train ride 25 minutes. Get a bunch of kids and babies in a train and send them off down the tracks. It sounds like the making of a disaster, right? Just about the time we were almost back to the drop-off spot, is when a bunch of kids started to seem like they were about ready to get off the train, if you know what I mean. Many kids seemed close to that edge, you know the one, just before a meltdown. We managed to avoid it until we tried to do just one more thing. famous last words. As usual, we left somewhere with a crying child! Ha ha ha. It didn't matter though, we got to see Thomas. Matthew kept saying thomas thomas thomas and singing made-up songs with thomas as the sole lyric the whole way there and the whole way home. I have a feeling he'll be talking about this for a while. I'm a full time working mom who is trying to figure it all out. How to balance work, marriage, 2 little kids, an annoying cat, church, grandparents, our house, and an apparent internet addiction. Figuring out how to balance these things leads to rambling. Lots and lots of rambling. From yours truly. I like to write and I love to make people laugh, so I try to remember that while I'm writing. Am I accomplishing it? I don't know. Read on and decide.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Day out with Thomas
Never in a million years did I imagine I would get to ride the Thomas the Train! Well, I sure did though. And could this kid be any happier about it? The place was packed. A lot of boys in their engineer caps looking pretty much like this were the majority of the kids there. There were a ton of girls too of course, and lots of babies. I think they knew what they were doing making the train ride 25 minutes. Get a bunch of kids and babies in a train and send them off down the tracks. It sounds like the making of a disaster, right? Just about the time we were almost back to the drop-off spot, is when a bunch of kids started to seem like they were about ready to get off the train, if you know what I mean. Many kids seemed close to that edge, you know the one, just before a meltdown. We managed to avoid it until we tried to do just one more thing. famous last words. As usual, we left somewhere with a crying child! Ha ha ha. It didn't matter though, we got to see Thomas. Matthew kept saying thomas thomas thomas and singing made-up songs with thomas as the sole lyric the whole way there and the whole way home. I have a feeling he'll be talking about this for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Check out Matthew in his hat! haha. Adorable! Glad he had such a good time.
ReplyDeleteHe looks so excited!!!!!!
ReplyDelete