Friday, August 8, 2008

Looks like another dull day in dullsville

I have a friend at work and she and I lovingly refer to our office as dullsville. I really hope no one from work is reading except the few I selected for the prize of such reading pleasure…. Oh, even if they are, they all know it’s true. I have been here going on 2 hours and it feels like about 12. This is going to be a looong day! Well, here’s the scoop. About a year ago, ½ our company split off and started their own company. That left us with ½ the crew. And ½ the crew = ½ the fun, ½ the noise, etc. By Friday, the forces dwindle even more, and it becomes this eerie, quiet place where nothing happens. Hence the term dullsville. I guess it’s better than the alternative – having a super stressful job with deadlines shoved down your throat. So Friday, as great as it is, always feels like 3 days. Thank God we have the weekend to recover.

But check this out, I’ve been meaning to mention this all week. Did you know you can ride an actual Thomas the Train? I was shocked to find this out. So I am linking to it for anyone interested, it’s a Day Out with Thomas tour that happens in many states. Of course we’re bringing our son, the Thomas fanatic, to it. I can’t wait! He will be so excited. Thomas, of course, will be there, and so will Sir Topham Hat. Does it get any better for a 3-year old boy? He better remember this! At least it’s not Barney or SpongeBob.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your day goes by quicker than expected, but I totally know about offices like that. No fun!


    The day out with Thomas thing looks AWESOME!!!! My kids would LOVE that, too bad we're not in town this weekend!!!

    Oh, and the purple dinosaur, and the yellow sponge are not allowed in our house, so I don't have to worry about my kids falling for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and pssst! I tagged ya on my blog!

    ReplyDelete