I'm a full time working mom who is trying to figure it all out. How to balance work, marriage, 2 little kids, an annoying cat, church, grandparents, our house, and an apparent internet addiction. Figuring out how to balance these things leads to rambling. Lots and lots of rambling. From yours truly. I like to write and I love to make people laugh, so I try to remember that while I'm writing. Am I accomplishing it? I don't know. Read on and decide.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Deep in Paranoia
Do you ever get the feeling you might be going crazy? You get something in your head, and just can’t shake it, no matter how much paranoia may be involved with you getting that something in your head. Well, so for some reason I have had this growing feeling something is just not right with my two very best friends, who happen to be sisters. A couple of issues here. First of all, they are very close sisters. Second of all, it’s friends in 3, and we all know 3 can be a difficult combination. I don’t want to delve into it too much, but I finally decided I couldn’t wonder any longer and sent an email to see if something is wrong. And before you think how impersonal an email is or something, know that at least 2 of the 3 of us feel funny talking on the phone. Not to each other, but just in general. So I’m pretty sure they are now thinking I’m totally insane, but being deep in paranoia, I probably really AM insane. I hate dragging this out into the open, but I have a nervous pit in my stomach and need to ramble about this (hence the title Julie’s Ramblings). Welcome to my crazy brain. It takes a lot of work to get this brain through the day sometimes. Plus now I’m sitting here completely anxious and scared of the reaction. Oh, brother. Somebody help me please. Why is it so hard to stay connected when we’re in adulthood?! I ABSOLUTELY hate that! Can’t we just be in college again? Not having to pay yet for our education, not having to work or care for children, having hardly a care in the world besides what to do on Friday night with your friends. Ahhh, that sounds like the life. But then, of course, I’d be devoid of my wonderful husband and silly, beautiful children. We have here, what you call, a moot point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is that the truth? Staying connected as adults is hard work. But your a great friend and I'm sure the paranoia will soon cease when they respond. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are in no way crazy! I've been in your same spot many a time before, and it stinks. And I too sent the email (since having kids the phone is rather complicated to do, as I'm sure you understand! The house can be silent till you pick up the phone, and then all hell breaks loose!), because I'm not much for the phone either.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get an answer, and that it can relieve some of your stress!