Ellie goes in for stage 2 of syndactyly correction Friday. The surgery is at noon. This procedure is the same as the first, except this time it is less complex. They are separating skin webbing only on the 2nd & 4th web. The procedure is much shorter – about an hour & a half, and no overnight stay this time. Yay! Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t mind the overnight stay last time, but it will just be nice to let her sleep it off in her own surroundings. She will again have a cast for 4 weeks afterwards. I cannot wait to be done with that thing. I think it is really starting to irritate her. Especially since she’s trying to crawl these days. I know she’s going to find a way. Hence my previous entry about baby gates…. I am really hoping they will let us see her hand before casting it again, but I doubt they will. I’m pretty sure they’ll cut the cast when she’s already asleep. I mean, it’s complete torture to remove the cast anyway. And I doubt they’ll let us in the O/R for that.
Obsession

I have begun a new obsession with the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I have been hearing about this book series for the longest time, so I finally decided to pick up a copy of the first book in the series, and I am absolutely hooked! For me to finish a book in a week’s time is incredible. I have less than 100 pages left! Be proud, this is a rare occurrence and I am very proud of myself. But you can hardly help it once you start. It’s technically teenage fiction, but it doesn’t read that way. Last night while I was reading, so much was happening in the book that I don’t think I’ve ever read faster. I love it. So thank you for the non-stop talk about this book and sucking me in. Now I have 4 books to read, and these aren’t small books either people. The 1st one is 500 pages!
The Potty Saga
I am so proud of my boy! He has been keeping many diapers dry this week, since Sunday or Monday, and we started a potty chart with stickers to track his progress. He is very pleased with himself, too, which is a HUGE development in the right direction. YAY!!! Still no #2 in the toilet, but I have a feeling it is coming. Is it possible? Might we actually get rid of ½ the diaper changes in our house?!!! Oh please, oh please, oh please!
Part 1 - We'll be praying for precious Ellie's surgery!!!
ReplyDeletePart 2 - I'm contemplating checkin' out the book you're talking about, I've never heard of it...
Part 3 - YAY MATTHEW!! I thought of the movie "Look Who's Talking" when I read that part...especially the poopy in the potty dance and the talking toilet that spits....LOL.
Wow how time flys! I can't believe Ellie is back in for surgery. We will definitely be praying for her. :)
ReplyDeleteI AM proud of you. You are reading way faster than your brother had me believing. They do suck you in.....
*crossing fingers* that Matthew can finish his potty training. He's doing well so far. Woo Hoo!
I love to potty saga update. haha!
ReplyDelete