Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where does the blogging time go?

I intended to post on this blog way more than I have been lately. Where the heck does the blogging time go? I can't get over how 5 or 7 days go by like nothing! Is time really moving that fast? We had ordered baby gates a while back (and I posted about the fabulous deal I got). The gates have been sitting on the floor, boxed, since they arrived who knows HOW long ago.... You want to know why I have no concept of time lately? It's called a 3-year old. God bless him, he's a wonderful child, but OH MY GOSH! 3 is the most insane age imaginable! I bought a book about 3-year olds today, called Your 3-Year Old: Friend or Enemy, that's exactly the right title for what happens in our house these days. 3 year olds can flip this switch, where one minute they're perfectly happy and willing to do what you tell them, and the next minute? A kicking, screaming little unrecognizable monster. This new development has really made life a blur lately. Not to mention having a 2nd little one. I am so very relieved and thrilled that Ellie is an easy, happy baby. There could be a thunderous tantrum going on in the same room, and Ellie is usually just happy as can be in spite of it. What a doll. I am so very very fortunate. I have admitted before that I have a bit of a temper, and if I had multiple crises going, I could/would be in trouble. You've heard before that God won't give you more than you can handle? I think he knows what he's doing these days...


Even though 3-year olds make you tear your hair out, they are amazing little creatures. Over the weekend we took Matthew to the state fair. He absolutely loved it! I haven't seen him that happy! I'd say even more happy than when we went to the Day Out with Thomas, and that's big!




This is Matthew's very first ride ever. We're riding airplanes if it's hard to tell...




3 comments:

  1. Matthew is the cutest little farm hand ever!!! Glad you had so much fun at the Fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. That second pic of Matthew reminds me of Jason and Jeff making the "eeeeeeeeeeeee" face. Too funny.

    And you with a temper? HA! I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you 100% about the three's thing. I've always said I like kids up till the age of 2. But once they can talk back, and sass, they can go somewhere else! I of course am only kidding. I love my children dearly, but yes, three is an awful age!!!

    We went to the fair, and the kids rode the carousel for the first time. They had fun! Todd was playing in the Crossroads chapel so we didn't get to do AS much. Amazing how quickly it adds up though isn't it?


    I'm also with you on the time flying thing. I can't beleive I have a 2nd, and 1st grader already. YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete