I feel like I've finally begun to sort out my life. It's been a long time coming. When do people find the balance? For a long time, I had been overworking myself each night, then I had kids and decided to heck with all the household responsibilities. Well, I gave up those responsibilities in a small townhouse. Now in a normal size house, your junk accumulates and spreads out. I'm not complaining about being able to spread it out, mind you. I love my house, but I never took the time to really organize all the storage areas. They are kind of odd areas. Anyways, this period of deciding time with each other was more important than having a clean environment has gotten out of hand. We live in a cluttered mess all the time, and the last few days I have been attempting to work like crazy. A lot of nights I fail because of exhaustion, and I collapse on the couch when the kids are finally successfully down for the night. My mom tells me she still hasn't found the balance between getting things done and enjoying life. Is there any hope for any of us? I should just shut up and be thankful, right? So okay fine, here I go, attempting to do just that. Shut up and be thankful I have a house to maintain.
Since I have been so absent to my blog lately, here are some bullet points of life lately
- Ellie's cast is off. It's been almost 2 weeks, and her hand is looking great
- Ellie started physical therapy
- I've been off to a great start making the last 3 months of the year our medical quarter, and have been in for Matthew's checkup, a bunch of Ellie appointments, another one coming in a couple weeks, I need dental checkups, and Ellie is going to have probably 12 weeks in a row of occupational therapy
- Ellie went and got an ear infection to top off her terrible cold
- I have no vacation time left at work (let's not exaggerate, people - I have -27 hrs of vacation time, I'm not kidding), and so I have been working A LOT, trying to cram in all my hours to end the year with a slightly positive balance
- I've become 2 employees in 1 recently at work, and while it's crazy at times, I am happy to be busy and needed
- My son has finally started going #1 regularly in the toilet, even standing up now!! This is the hugest news ever! He has even gone on his own without us telling him to a few times. We're getting somewhere. Last week he did a #2 in the toilet, but hasn't since. That's okay, I can handle it. Barely. :)
- We went to a b-day party for a 3-year old today, and Matthew had a blast. It was so fun to see. They had a DJ, which might seem bizarre, but it was great for every age of kid there. Matthew just stood watching for the longest time, warming up to the situation. And I mean THE LONGEST TIME. You could tell he wanted to join in, but just couldn't make himself do it. All it took was the right music. I have no idea what song it was, but all of a sudden he couldn't hold back and started shaking it up!! It was hysterical. The next song after coming out of his shell was who let the dogs out. He tore up the dance floor. It was just so funny. There aren't words for it, and we just sat back and enjoyed watching it. He had such a good time. Though he says his favorite part of the party was eating cake.
- Some of you may have been following enough to know we've been having some serious tantrum issues with Matthew, but I am happy to report he has been very good the past couple weeks, with a few exceptions here and there.
Here he is at the party, for now, until I get the dancing shots uploaded
So I have a couple posts in the works to look forward to soon, including another confessions of a working mom, and something to do with Matthew quotes. He has a lot lately. I can't wait to write more. Hopefully I'll get back into a good routine. I really enjoy writing, but it gets hard to find the motivation. Soon, people, soon! Till then, ahhhhhhhhh, I'm still sitting. Ahhhhhhh
Oh Julie, I hear you. BALANCE is always a goal yet always seems to be just out of reach. Maybe that's the point?
ReplyDeleteMy mound of maternity clothes is at the back of my closet ON THE FLOOR. I figure if I can't see it its not there, right?!?
And I totally know what you mean with the filing cabinet. When we moved a few months ago, there were a lot of those 'just stick it there FOR NOW and we'll deal with it later' things. And later is here but things are still where we put them. UGH!
Anyhow, instead of dealing with my steaming piles of crap, I am sitting here reading blogs. How's THAT for balance?!!
Hang in there :)
I think we ALL struggle for balance girl. And I don't have much of an excuse except that my house is a huge undertaking to fully clean. And we have entire ROOMS dedicated to crapola.
ReplyDeleteGlad your blogging again!