Monday, September 22, 2008

Did you know....

Did you know babies cry because they are mad that they are crying? Mull that one over for a minute. Yes, I learned this lesson from 3:49am-5:19am this morning... 'nuff said.

I wanted to quickly update because a major development occurred yesterday. My 3-year old went #2 in the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was only EIGHT months ago when he last did it. I should probably say it was kind of an accident, since he had been holding back his big jobs most of the day. Where is my brother now, to give his advice to not hold back big jobs? How does that work? He can tell everybody that pearl of wisdom until it actually needs to be said? Hmmmm, must correct this problem... I digress. Share in my joy for a moment, would you please? This might be a major breakthrough, since he was actually excited to tell his daycare this morning, instead of dying of embarassment like what happened 8 months ago.

The other update is that Ellie's hand is starting to look much better, and she even opened it up all the way on her own this morning! Hurrah! (pictures to come, I promise) Only one of the stitches remain now, and the puffiness is much better except in her index finger. She has also figured out how to sit up from a laying down or crawling position. She looks very proud of herself whenever she does it. The 1st time she did it we didn't even realize and all of a sudden thought, wait a minute, she's sitting up and wasn't a second ago! And as soon as she knew we realized it, you should have seen the grin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, your brother would LOVE to give that advice if he were there. Wait till we come back and Jeff can congratulate him personally.

    So cute about Ellie!

    ReplyDelete