Monday, September 29, 2008

The Potty Chronicles

I'm starting a weekly update called The Potty Chronicles, until my wonderful 3-year old is fully trained.

This morning, Matthew peed standing up again. Hooray! That's right, until last week, he had not worked on this feat in ages. There was an incident early on where he tried it, leaned over like a real man would, only he leaned too far, and fell against the toilet. Once, he almost fell all the way in, except that I was there to catch him so that only his arm went in. It was pretty comical, though he didn't seem to think so. Now that another boy at daycare - a younger one - has gotten near or fully potty trained, Matthew slowly has gotten braver the last couple weeks. He kept saying he wanted to and he'd stand up, almost do it, and then chicken out and sit down on the potty. I didn't push the issue, and finally last week he actually did it. He must have decided he likes it, because he hasn't stopped, and made it almost the whole day dry yesterday. This morning, while he was going potty, he actually asked if he could wear underwear today. HELLO!!! Yes, of course you can!!! I didn't hesitate. Daycare maybe felt differently, but honestly I didn't care. He's never asked me before!! (sorry, Kelly, hopefully you were free from incident today... :)

Woo hoo! I hope to have a really good update next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment