That's the story of this week. The kids have colds that demand frequent de-crusting. Bummer! And indeed, it's making me late everywhere I go. Yeah thanks. But on the bright side, we're 6 days away from being cast free! SO.....EX.....CITED....
The funniest thing Matthew has done this week is to tell me he was sad because "daddy came in my room and said angry words and locked the door." But let's back up and talk about why. 3-year olds apparently don't like to stay in bed once they're put to bed. Before you go all crazy about what I'm about to say, realize we've tried many different strategies, but just every now and then we have to resort to locking our boy in his room. Such was the case early this week. I was getting ready for work and kept hearing a strange noise upstairs. Here, I come to realize it is Matthew attempting to open his door. hehehehehe. so i unlock it and he comes downstairs with me. I can just tell he's kind of sad so I ask him why he's sad and he says "daddy said angry words in my room last night." The funny thing is, daddy every so calmly talked to him about what it means to go to bed, why he has to stay in bed, etc. Not angry at all. But how cute is that? "Angry words?" I probably would have rolled on the floor laughing if it weren't 7am at the time.
And yes, pick your jaw up off the floor. You heard me right - we occasionally lock the door. But before you knock it, it's very effective, let me just say. It's not like it's the attic, and our bedroom is right next to his.
I won't tell Ellie stories from this week, because they mostly all involve snot and gagging & puking on said snot.
Alright, I just wanted everyone to know I'm still here. Rock on with your bad selves!
Now I know Sean.... I'm sure his "angry words" were as normal as anybody can get. He's so mellow. But super funny. And I don't blame you a bit for locking him in his room. You guys are great parents!
ReplyDeleteAnd all that snot and boogers and crusties??? *gag* No thanks.
I forgot to mention that we are super excited for Ellie's cast to come off! Woo Hoo!!! Show your sweet new hand sista!
ReplyDelete