I'm a full time working mom who is trying to figure it all out. How to balance work, marriage, 2 little kids, an annoying cat, church, grandparents, our house, and an apparent internet addiction. Figuring out how to balance these things leads to rambling. Lots and lots of rambling. From yours truly. I like to write and I love to make people laugh, so I try to remember that while I'm writing. Am I accomplishing it? I don't know. Read on and decide.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Just call him Ralphie
So the biggest, latest, most exciting development in these parts is none other than the release of the Toys R Us catalog. Matthew has not totally grasped the concept of Christmas presents until this year. Well, I was looking through it while he was eating breakfast and I kept catching him in my peripheral vision, peeking up and over into the Toys R Us ad while I was paging through it. Finally, after this had been happening quite a few times, I told him he could look at this when I was done and after he finished breakfast. (as incentive always helps get through a meal at faster than snail pace). So I brought it downstairs by his toys when I was finished with it. The next time I came down the stairs, I found him on his tummy paging through this catalog with his serious studying face on. I went over and asked if he wanted to show me the things he likes, and he started paging backwards to show me the Thomas and race cars that he likes. That released his inner Ralphie. Don't you think we all have an inner Ralphie? You know, from A Christmas Story? Where he window shops in front of the toy store and stops dead in his tracks when he sees the object of his Christmas desire? I wish I could come up with the exact way he describes the toy gun that stops him in his tracks. Matthew has now hit Ralphie age, and is it ever funny. I love it! Last night we finished looking through the catalog, and he was selective, showing me he wanted this and that, "mommy, I want THIS, and I want THIS," while he put his hand on each thing he wants. As we were turning a page, he caught a glimpse of a page further in and exclaimed with a gasp "I WANT THESE!!!!" Hulk hands were the thing that REALLY caught his attention. I could not stop giggling. He was so funny about all of it. I think his favorite, though, is still Thomas. Of course. Just call him Ralphie! And don't forget about your inner Ralphie! He's in there somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's too cute and funny.
ReplyDeleteMy kids do the same thing!!! Only, when they only send out ONE cataloge it does NOTHING for four kids but create a fight!!! We have to take turns now!!!!
ReplyDelete