Friday, January 30, 2009

Fluffy Friday

I've decided to start Fluffy Friday, where I write about 'fluff.' You know, stuff that doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. Like celebs, Hollywood, shopping, movies, etc.

This week I picked up these fine ladies' CDs, compliments of a gift card I had.




I felt pretty proud of myself, having, WHAT? Current music? WHAT? I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying my selections. But what I really want to talk about is Adele. Who is this girl? Oh my gosh, what a voice, and on a girl that created the album "19" at age 19. I honestly can't figure out this album, and that's part of the charm. There is a little bit of everything. It's sweet, gritty, playful, and serious all at the same time. It's a little jazzy, a little bluesy, it's pop, I just can't decide what it is. One thing I do know is that it is wickedly clever. I think it is just what music needs - something new. I just love how these female artists are popping up with amazing, unique, talented voices these days. This girl has one of those voices that could not be compared to anyone. Sure, it resembles certain people (names? I'm blanking). But it is not a voice to be duplicated, though I'm sure some American Idol hack will try.
Her big hit "Chasing Pavements" has a really cool video. Check it out here! This girl is starting to grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment