Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Cuteness Factor

It has been ages since I've done one of my beloved cuteness factors. I have missed this one. I'm trying to turn a new leaf with the new year on my blog. I'm weird, but I've been thinking of titles of certain things I could post on certain days while I'm driving home from work. So prepare yourselves for the unveilings. Blah blah biddy blah blah.

Let's start with Matthew. Matthew, the silly guy, hasn't stopped talking since Sunday! Nonstop talking. It's adorable, but as parents of 3-year old boys know, it gets a little old. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but man! He doesn't stop. And everything is a full blown story that ends up not really making sense by the time it's over. Sean and I just look at each other and shake our heads and laugh wondering how long these stories will go on. Oh, and quite often, his stories involve a funny giggle here and there. This week, they might go something like this. "Last night, when I was sleeping, and then in the morning, I woke up and when I saw AJ, it scared me. he he he" Only it would be longer and have more details and more strange giggles.

I have meant to share a couple Matthew quotes from Christmas.

He got real confused by the whole Santa concept. When we got in the car to go home from our Christmas Eve celebration, which Santa visited, he had been up a long time, it was late, he was tired, and he said,

"when we get home, i'm going to go to sleep, and santa is going to sneak in my room and fill my socks."

I think he really thought Santa would fill the regular socks in his dresser.

And another, when he was opening presents on my side of the family's Christmas, he opened a play-doh octopus, and exclaimed,

"Boys AND girls want THIS!!!"

On to Ellie. She is a complete riot these days. She also has a wicked evening hour of crabbiness, but we won't go there. She exclaims about EVErything. It's usually a "a DAH!" sort of thing. I personally think these are 2 of her cutest things lately:

First. Games. She makes up games, and likes the standards of peek-a-boo, so big, clapping, and bye bye. But one of my favorites is one where she is in her high chair, and practically slams her head down on the high chair tray to cock it to the side. She waits for you to do it, with the cutest anticipatory grin (was that a word?), and when you cock your head to the side to match, she pops up straight and squeals with an extraordinarily large 2-toothed, open mouthed grin. This repeats as long as you participate.

Second. Snuggling. Ellie snuggles anything soft, or a picture of anything soft, or pictures of animals or babies. And when she's playing, she'll crawl over real fast and come for a snuggle from mom or dad. It's very cute.

Soon to come is walking and finally a 3rd tooth. I felt the tell tale signs of a forming bump in her gums today. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y. (and i just know she'll start getting a bunch at once, and it will completely piss her off!) She is so close to walking. She will actually take about 3-5 steps on her own, but hasn't quite gotten brave enough to really take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment