Monday, June 23, 2008

Claustrophobic with plenty of space

Do you ever just have a day where you don’t think it would be possible to hate work more? Because it is one of those for me. Nothing has even happened today, but maybe that is the problem. Nobody around me is speaking, nobody is laughing, nobody is doing anything, and I am shutting down. Do cubicles and offices kill your spirit? Just a little Monday question I’m throwing out into the world.

But it’s not all bad. It’s a beautiful day, though turning cloudy all of a sudden. My kids were a bright spot this morning, and I was thrilled to see Sean. No particular reason, just one of those rare days where neither one of us is groggy and we can’t help but to smile when we see each other. Matthew was extra excited to get up, since gramma and grampa are here to take care of him and Ellie this week, while their daycare provider is on vacation. He was awfully sweet – and Ellie was extra snuggly this morning. What a good way for a mom to start the day!

3 comments:

  1. The cublicle hell sucked the life out of me. When working in a cubicle village, its the people, not the tasks, that often would make or break the job for me. I can do anything if I have the right kind of people to 'feed off of', so to speak. But sometimes, you can't change the people around you so it can be tough to make it wonderful. I got lucky at my last job that I had really wonderful women around me. I hope to have just as great an environment when I go back to work.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just needed to give you kudos. I haven't worked since Dallas was 6 months old. It absolutly killed me to leave him, and I wasn't even leaving him with day care. I worked nights, and I left him with Todd. Cubicles are AWFUL places for sucking the life outta someone!!! AWFUL!!!


    Hope the rest of your day went better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true. the cubicle DOES kill the spirit. Office Space is proof. Glad to hear everything else is better tho!

    ReplyDelete