Saturday, June 28, 2008

6:16 AM

6:16 AM - How do I hate thee? Let me count thy ways

I have this Saturday morning curse. Every Saturday I'm looking forward to hopefully sleeping until maybe 7. Does that sound unreasonable? I guess it must, because every Saturday my day starts around 6:16AM or earlier. The latest I've slept in 6 months is 6:30. And naively, every Saturday I'm stunned by this ocurrence, as if it has never happened before. Like the week before, or the week before that, or the week before that. It happens like this. Baby cry. Wake up. Look at clock. 6:16AM. Groan. Ignore for a couple minutes hoping it will stop. Realize it's not going to. Sigh. Fumble for glasses. Fumble for prepared bottle. Add water to said bottle. Enter baby's room. Shake bottle. Feed baby. Change baby. Pray she doesn't wake up too much to put her straight back to bed. Attempt putting her straight back to bed. Return to bed. Roll over and snuggle in. Baby cry. Sigh. Return to baby's room. Put pacifier in baby's mouth. Return to bed. Roll over and snuggle in. Eyes pop open in disbelief as I hear 'thud. thump thump thump.' Door open. Little 2-year old footsteps. Sigh. "Hi buddy." "I want seep in Mom n Dad's bed." "It's too early - go back to bed." Pout. Stomp stomp stomp. Door shut. Roll over and snuggle in. Baby cry. Sigh. Attempt pacifier trick again. Return to bed. Roll over and snuggle in. 'thud. thump thump thump.' Door open. Little 2-year old footsteps. With disdain, allow 2 year old in bed, foolishly thinking he'll actually lay still. Frustration building. "stop moving." "no, i just want get up." "too bad, i'm sleeping." "no" with growing whine. "go wait for me in your room." Pout. Stomp stomp stomp. Stare at ceiling wondering why. Curse another botched Saturday morning. Put glasses on. Grumble. Sigh. Begin 2-year old breakfast. Just when I think it's safe, baby cry.

I'm sick of Saturday.

Thank God I love these children. I have to remind myself hard on Saturday mornings. God, help me be thankful for them and every moment I get with them. They truly are a gift. It's hard to remember sometimes, but they are. Help us all cherish the moments we can spend with our children. Some day Saturday will again mean sleeping till 8.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds miserable. I can just imagine said 2 year old stomping around pouting. too funny. well its funny from an aunt pov. Big Hugs!

    btw---did you take down your myspace account? Why why why???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the lovely early mornings that come with mommyhood. . .it does get better as they get a little older though! My older two boys sleep till about 8 on the weekends! Its LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete