Monday, September 21, 2009

Bad luck list

It seems in my so-far 30 year existence, or maybe just since living on my own, that there are certain areas in which a family or person will have bad luck. I'm not talking life-or-death issues here, either. Just the stupid, normal day-to-day kind of thing. You could go 12,472 days without ever spilling your coffee, for instance, or you could drench yourself in it every 1 in 4 days. Maybe spilling coffee is just your thing. I have a couple coworkers coming to mind. Or maybe you can make it through life without ever losing a muffler, but can't seem to keep your alternator belt intact.
This particular bad luck list I'm about to create today, is inspired by my lunch-break trip to a certain toy selling superstore I HATE with a passion - not to name names, but Toys R Us, where are your manners? I swear that place is personally designed to torture me.
Making an appearance in my personal/familial areas of bad luck:
  • Toys R Us - will you ever come right out and say what you mean? Always at it with the fine print, I tells ya
  • Squirrels - why do you enjoy my homes so much?
  • Drive-thru - inherited through marriage, can I count how many times they screw up my orders? It's a rare occurrence that what we order is actually what we're given
  • Neighbors, oh neighbors - will you always be 4-wheel driving, loud, messy yarded, dangerous dog breed owning smoking fiends?
  • AJ, my dear cat, why do you feel the need for pleasure? I think you're broken. Your neutering has gone awry somewhere along the lines... Ew, you're gross.

See what I mean? Not life-or-death by any means. Nothing a few verbal lashings and cats thrown across rooms can't handle. Do you have a history of bad luck with any particular things? I always think it's funny to discover what people have historical bad luck with. Humor me.

2 comments:

  1. I think we can all agree that this house has trouble with cats.... times 4. I can't think of anything else, but believe me there are others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog Julie! Your little girl definitely has your smile. :) And I hate Toys R Us too, almost as much as I hate Walmart.

    ReplyDelete