Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Halloween to Remember...

Remember my Halloween trick? Ellie woke up with a fever and what I thought to be an ear infection? Yeah, that turned into a bit of drama. When our daycare found out she had a temp over 101.2 on too quick of a read, I immediately approved her to give motrin. I left work about 2:30 pm to take Ellie to the clinic. The motrin had been given 6 hours prior, and while in the clinic, her temp hit 104.9!!!! OMG!!!! I almost collapsed (well, I wanted to anyway). They immediately went and got a suppository tylenol - did anyone know they could do that? I sure didn't! They were nervous since she had thrown up when they checked her throat already, so they didn't want to chance giving oral tylenol. They really wanted to get that temp down fast. Obviously. It was one of those appointments you never want to repeat. Test after test after finger poke. Temp taking, suppository. Aghhh. Makes me tired thinking about it. And after each thing they did, and after much crying, Ellie collapsed on my shoulder and fell asleep each time they left the room. A Strep test, ear check, tempanogram (i wish i could spell), peek in throat, finger poke to rule out bladder infection to ease uptight mother's mind later and all that was found was a fever and a sore throat. Hmmmm..... By Sunday she woke up completely returned to normal and nothing ever developed. Just long enough to give everyone a good scare. I'm very thankful nothing more came of it!!! I swear this girl is illness prone.

We still managed to get out and take Matthew trick-or-treating for the first time!!! Here he is as Thomas the Train. (complete with Thomas underwear, shirt, and shoes, can you say obsession?)


And here he is at his first candy stop - Dad.


The award winning red mohawked pumpkin won my office park's carving contest in the funny category. They drew my name out of a hat to take the winner home after the contest. The others? Well, I didn't have time to carve. Matthew painted the little one, though.

And here's the poor sick angel (and you can't even see the puke on her costume from the clinic). It's not too often you'll see an angel with a pacifier.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, poor little thing! I hope she's feeling better now!!!


    They both look adorable though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little Ellie! That's an outrageous temp! How scary. But the kids looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor baby! Seems all too familiar! Both kids looked adorable in their costumes...

    ReplyDelete