Monday, November 24, 2008

2 Obsessions in our house

#1 - Me. Twilight. I'm a Twilighter. Somebody help me please. I've mentioned before that I started reading the Twilight series. Well, it didn't take long before I read all 4 GIGANTIC books! Now the movie came out, and on the opening day, that's right, I ran out to see it. I swear there is something addictive about this darn Edward Cullen, the main character. Not the movie version necessarily, but the character himself. These books suck you in and you become obsessed with what happens next, and you never want it to end. But it always does, and you're left with a bizarre emptiness. Hence the reason I ran out and waded through the sea of teenage girls to see the movie! I figured the only way I could see it was after the kids went to bed. Well, that showing didn't play till 10:15pm. Did that stop me? NO. Did the fact that the short notice left me with no one that could come with me stop me? NO. That's right. I went out at 10:15pm, by myself, and saw Twilight the movie. I happened to be the first one in the theatre because there was no one manning the line, and I didn't realize the line was for Twilight. I probably should have, given they were mostly teenagers, but there were too many guys I thought. So I innocently passed the entire line. I decided to just sit down anyway rather than turn back and face the daggar stares I would no doubt get when they realized I passed them all. All of a sudden they were let in and I heard this growing murmur turn to screams and fits of teenage irritating giggles as they entered the theatre. yikes! And can you believe, these darn girls actually ruined the 1st kiss by cheering?! Seriously? Oh well, despite the teenageness, I enjoyed the movie, and my Edward Cullen and Bella Swan fix. Sure, it wasn't the best movie ever, but I like to picture what I read, and it followed the book for the most part, cutting out lots of details of course. I wish they had played up a lot of key personality traits better, and hadn't rushed the climax of the movie so much. Besides that, I actually didn't mind the cast selection of the 2 main characters. I wasn't sure at first, but they grew on me as the movie went on.

I would just like to point out that I am STILL obsessed. HELP!

Obsession #2 - Quite literally #2. My son has become obsessed with performing #2 in the toilet! Hooray!!!! The long awaited "click" in his development happened, the one in which it finally clicks what he's supposed to do. I swear he's gone poo 15,000 times in 8 days. I am thrilled with this obsession! Though it brings with it a new round of getting out of bed after he's been put to bed. Because of course, he wants to poo again. He's a funny guy. Anyways, in 8-10 days (not sure exactly how long now), he's had one accident, and it happened while he was napping, so in my mind it doesn't count. He rarely has pee accidents now, wears underwear during all awake hours, and for the most part does all the bathroom stuff on his own. Overnight will be a whole other process, but that doesn't bother me now that #2 seems to be mastered. Oh my gosh, what a sweet relief for the WHOLE family. I know, how pathetic. But it's true, potty training has been tough on the whole family. It has been a LONG process. Anyways, join with me in a bursting with pride moment!

1 comment:

  1. You went alone?! Into the teenage crazy girl crowd?! You are mighty brave my friend. I'm just sad that I wasn't there to go with you! We would have had such a fun time!!!

    Can't wait to see you in just a few short (6) weeks!

    ReplyDelete