Am I supposed to be excited that I now have the opportunity to use the newly opened express lane, in which I can pay a ridiculous amount of money to drive to work in a lane that, if it was a normal lane, would make traffic flow normally? Am I the only one seeing a flaw here? And what do I make of the fluctuating rate, which seems to depend on traffic? If traffic is worse, I can spend double. Yippee. Then, if someone screws up or thinks they can beat the system, the cops are hiding out nearby to nab them. So not only is there this express lane with no one in it while the rest of us putter through in the other TWO lanes, but now there are cops to pull offenders over, causing even more traffic for the rest of us in our measily TWO lanes. What sense does an express lane make if there are only three lanes?
I'm feeling I needed to rant about this. I'm feeling we've all been wronged since Jesse "the Gov" Ventura brought us our multi-billion dollar light rail system that is useful to 2% of the metro area. (I hope I'm exaggerating).
So for now, I'll be the one enjoying watching the handful of people that have been suckered into paying for their commute fly by me at irregular intervals, from my traffic infested TWO lanes.
To all I say, have a good Friday. Don't be put off. I'm really not this negative, only towards governmental agendas like punishing me for driving my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment