Monday, December 15, 2008

A lunch break update

Amazing how quickly time goes by! Yikes! Christmas is 10 days away, how did that happen? I miss my blogging. I am so far behind reading blogs, too. I just checked in on the triplets, and holy cow, they walk!!! That's how long I've been gone.

I'm going to touch on the goings on in our humble abode.....

Milestones:
Matthew is potty trained except for staying dry overnight
Ellie is walking along furniture. She even looked like she wanted to walk yesterday. Almost!
Ellie is talking (in that baby way) and waving hi and bye
Trust me, it's a milestone, I finished decorating for Christmas! I gave up on fixing the mess first. That just isn't going to happen. Face it.

Things I'm happy about:
Christmas concerts are DONE!
We're almost over our colds
The entire family will be present at Christmas. That's a huge deal. I think it has been like at least 6 years since my brothers have BOTH come and at the same time, and actually at Christmas, not the week before or after. I feel like a kid again!
Let's Dish saving our lives. They prepare meals FOR you and all you have to do is pop them in the oven and follow the directions. Love. It.

Cuteness:
Ellie waved at daddy out the window when he left all on her own for the first time! I almost melted.
Matthew talked to his grandma on the phone for 10 minutes all by himself. WOW. He even walked around doing stuff while holding the phone and conversing. It was really quite remarkable.

And the not-so-cute-ness:
The washing machine quit on me. Mr. Fix-it (the hubs) ordered a part and is going to try his hand at washing machine repair. We think it's a simple and common problem.
Whining. To be picked up, to not let us out of sight, to eat, to not eat, to get a diaper change, to get dressed, etc. You name it. It could involve whining at any unsuspected moment.
Skid marks. I refuse to explain any further. (think underpants)
Toys. Toys. And more toys. Taking over the house. And that's even before Christmas. We're in trouble.
95 minute drives to work in the snow. Stupid snow. I'm trying to be positive, you know, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and all that. Ho ho ho!

Things I'm thankful for:
Love
My husband
My kids
My cat (I'm only saying that out of obligation)
Family Christmas stockings
Did I say Let's Dish already? I'll say it again!
A furnace
Down comforters
Coffee
Loved ones recovering from health issues
Online shopping
People that keep checking back here for an update
My job
Falling gas prices
The country I live in, its issues and all.
CHRISTMAS AND THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOR!!! Let us not forget!

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the whining! AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH! My ears are melting.
    And the washer...that would stress me out. I do a minimum of 1 load a night - and having my washer out of commission would make me insane. It actually happened earlier this year. I got SO BACKED up that when it was finally repaired i had that thing going NON-STOP for 24 hours. I hope yours is back FAST!
    SO great that you'll all be together for Christmas!!!
    I can't imagine how stressful that long commute can be. Good for you for trying to stay positive. It really does make a difference. It is such a slippery slope once I let myself get too complainy and whiny and negative. I end up feeling so crappy when I don't have to.
    SERENITY PRAYER sister!
    "God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next."

    DID I TAKE UP ENOUGH SPACE IN YOUR COMMENTS??? HA HA!
    Luvya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie's almost walking?! Holy cow! How exciting. I can't believe that we will be there in less than a week. I can't wait to see all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete