Don't worry, I didn't fill my watering can. Instead, up and down the streets of my town was heard OH. MY. GOSH.Now, to give you some history and to give this a little poetic justice, my husband and I have had several issues with squirrels. A family of them resided in a former attic of ours. We waged war on those suckers, including live trapping.... (as illustrated below...lovely) Law prohibits you from just shooting them, and we had limited funds, so this was our option. Apparently if you take them 15 miles away or across a body of water, they won't find their way back. We did both, and loaded up several squirrels and headed across the river to a neighboring town. We DID let them go in a nature preserve, so you can stop with your animal cruelty thoughts already.
Finding a squirrel drowned in my kids' pool wasn't ALL bad, considering the history.
Did you know squirrels float? And did you know squirrels can't swim? Apparently they're totally helpless when confronted with water. Consider that a word of warning to parents and squirrels alike.
Oh, if you're wondering what happened to the squirrel and the kiddie pool, ummm, yeah. I scooped it out with a shovel and into a garbage bag. It now resides in my garbage can. That'll smell great by Tuesday. I hope nobody saw me, because I was way beyond a girly level of grossed out. YUCK.
I did not know they could not swim but I never even thought about it. And I echo your sentiments . . . YUCK!!!!
ReplyDeleteTeri