I HAVE HAD IT! I want to start this day over, because most of it blew chunks. I always know it will be a bad day if it starts out this way. We talked about Matthew staying in his room until 7:30am on the weekends. It's been the rule in the house for a while now, since our kids seem to love the 6 o'clock hour, even though they don't during the week. We've been getting lax on this rule, so we thoroughly went over it again at bedtime. So about 7, Miss Ellie begins crying, which she does lately when she wakes up. No more sweet sounds in the form of crib jabber. No, it's crying, and it's I'm-not-going-to-stop-crying crying. While dealing with her, Mister Matthew saunters out into the hallway. And this is where I knew the day was bound for disaster. I say, "It's not 7:30, go back in your room." "But I don't want to." "It is not 7:30 yet, go back in your room until 7:30." "But, Mommy, it's sunny out." "I don't care. It's not 7:30, go back to your room." Staredown ensues. Oh dear.
The whole day followed in this direction. Do you ever have one of those days where your sparkling 3-yr old is bound and determined to say no to everything, and argue about everything, and throw a fit twice at an outdoor carnival-type thing, etc, etc?!!! Have you ever had to climb into a Vikings helmet-shaped bouncy house to retrieve your sparkling 3-yr old who is the only one who will not come out when his time is up?
Have you ever been so fed up that you snapped at everybody around you, in full on Kate Gosselin style, and wanted to crawl into a hole and never be seen again, and felt like a huge jerk? That's about where I'm at. Only it didn't stop there. It continued after we came home and after naps, and this time I very nearly exploded! God help me! I can't handle these children today! I should say THIS child. Having little kids is the hardest thing in the whole world, I'm convinced.
We're tearing down our fence, perhaps I need to go give that fence hell some more. Oh, but wait, our neighbors are having a party, perhaps that won't be a nice sight for them... Hmmm. I know, how about laundry? That would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
What a negative nelly. I can't believe I'm admitting all this for the world to see!!! Seriously, all I want is a do-over for the day. Anyone have a rewind or retry button? I know! How about the Staples easy button?! OMG, please someone find me an easy button!!!!
I used to be calm. Honest, I did.
I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. . .twice over. The twins are the same way! EXACT same way! (not surprising since they're the exact same age as your little man!) Its so frustrating as a mom. Because you KNOW they can behave, and listen even when they're being bad!!
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of your day went better Julie!!!!
Oh girl..... Its only fair to vent the bad stuff too. Sorry its tough right now, but realize that your still a fantastic mom and you have fantastic kids, even if they are acting up right now. Hope it gets better soon!
ReplyDelete